MagnaShear Electric Release Spring Set Coupler Brakes
Designed for Packaging, Cranes, Winches, Food Processing and Palletizers
Dynamic Stopping Brakes – Not Just Holding Brakes
The Posistop Coupler Brakes are designed for long life with minimal maintenance in severe and critical applications. They are typically furnished as spring set, pressure release brakes however pressure set spring release is available in some models.
Posistop coupler brakes are designed to mount to the drive end of the motor, often between the motor and reducer. Coupler brakes can also be used on servo motors and air motors for hazardous duty applications.
Five model sizes offer torque from 6 Lb. Ft. to 2,030 Lb. Ft. and fit 56 frame up to 440 frame motors. Special flanges mountings can be furnished such as IEC, servo, air motor, or other custom flanges.
The standard shaft connection is a quill using a tapered collet providing a 360º clamped connection. Other quills are available including splined and bore and keyway.
The “No Adjustment – Ever!” Coupler Brake
Features of a MagnaShear Coupler Brake
- Spring set electrically released - 115 VAC through pulse width modulation for reduced heat and energy cost. Simple transformers are used for alternate voltages. Some DC actuation is available.
- Direct acting coil eliminates small linkage parts to corrode, hang up, or fail.
- Multiple disc design for high thermal capacity and low rotating inertia
- Oil Shear Technology for smooth cushioned stops, minimal wear, no adjustment required, superior heat dissipation and consistent accurate stopping
- Heavy duty totally enclosed sealed housing for protection in severe dusty, dirty, or wet applications.
- Quick mount clamped split quill for superior 360º shaft connection minimizing key and keyway problems.
- Optional washdown and marine duty designs
- Custom flange designs for IEC, reducer mounting, or old crane retrofits.
- Quick mount design installs in one piece. No assembling parts on the motor, small parts to drop, covers to remove for adjustment.
Options and Accessories
Splined Quill – splined quill for connecting to special splined motor or reducer shaft.
Voltage Step down Transformers – required if brake control power is not 115 VAC. Many voltages can be used such as 240, 480, 390, 575, and DC.
Marine Duty – Similar to washdown this option is for use on boats, barges offshore rigs, or waterfront loading facilities and ports exposed to fresh or salt water.
All of the items included in the washdown option are included as well as bio degradable fluid.
Washdown - All units an be furnished with food grade fluid USDA-H2 for applications where standard fluid may be objectionable. This could be in food processing, or around water.